In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation of Higher Educational Institutions (HEIs), and in compliance with policy decision of University Grants Commission (UGC), India, for establishment of IQAC in all Higher Educational Institutions, the college established its IQAC in the year 2012 with an aim to plan and supervise the different activities which are necessary for sustenance, assurance and enhancement of the quality of education imparted by the college. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institution in respect of educational and administrative performance. The IQAC will make a significant and meaningful contribution in the post-accreditation phase of institution. During the post-accreditation period, the IQAC will channelize the efforts and measures of an institution towards academic excellence.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Institution through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The Primary aim of the IQAC is
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution;
- To promote measures for institutional function towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks;
- Relevance and quality of academic and research programmes;
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society;
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning;
- The credibility of evaluation procedures;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services;
- Working in collaboration, research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks and parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities,including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up;
- Work as a facilitator for implementation of the decisions taken by Board of Governors from time to time with regard to development of the college and enhancement of the quality of education in the institution.
- Work as a coordinator between the Board of governors and the Management of the institution in various development activities and in implementing the efforts and measures towards the academic excellence of the institution.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to :
- Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs;
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Department of Computer Science Engineering
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Cell No.: 9697994705, 7006822898